Are you motivated by helping others? Do you have a servant's heart? Come work with us!
Resident Services Program Manager—Cedar Rapids
Please direct resume and cover letter to [email protected]
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with applicants who need assistance to secure housing, including persons with special needs, language barriers, and those who need on-line application support.
- Welcome new residents of CHI owned properties and establish contact with existing residents to share information about the programs and services offered by CHI Resident Services.
- Collaborate with residents of CHI owned properties to identify and access any supportive services necessary to maintain stability in their housing.
- Develop and preserve relationships with local service providers, with the intent of understanding programs and services which may be utilized by CHI residents.
- Maintain resource guides of supportive services for the region to assure that information about local services and providers is accurate and up to date.
- Administer case management for Sugar Creek residents participating in the homeownership program with the contracted local service provider.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with CHI Property Management Team to assure the supportive service needs of residents are met and assure compliance with Low Income Housing Tax Credit funding requirements. Must also maintain compliance with all state, federal, and local housing regulations, including the Americans with Disabilities Act and Affirmative Fair Housing Law.
- Recruit and manage local volunteers for facilitating specific program activities.
- Develop and facilitate specialized program activities based on input from resident populations within CHI housing, such as health programs for seniors and social networking opportunities.
- Connect with residents to help build relationships and create a “community within a community”.
- Work with community service providers, volunteers, residents, and the CHI Resident Services Director to plan and provide regular on-site social and community enhancement events for residents.
- Be a constant advocate for people who apply, reside, and work for Community Housing Initiatives, Inc. Maintain and promote open and positive communication between residents, CHI staff, and all stakeholders.
- Maintain records of contact with program participants, and prepare activity reports to track volunteerism, referrals, direct assistance, and events.
- Attend trainings and meetings as required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- BA/BS in Human Services, Social Work, Education, or related field.
- Experience providing on-site community services or administering non-profit or government-sponsored programs.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Outlook, CHI property management software, and the internet.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with a wide variety of personalities and diverse populations, using strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, ability to work with a wide range of personalities in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to comply with federal, state, and local landlord/tenant laws and regulations.
- Ability to perform moderate-heavy physical work, exerting up to 30 pounds of force on occasion, up to 15 pounds frequently, and up to 5-10 pounds constantly, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, including duties requiring repetitive motion skills, such as computer and calculator work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Essential duties are intended to describe those functions essential to the performance of this job, and “other” duties include those that are incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification or reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.